In accordance with section 22 of Act 34/2002, of 11 July, on services of the information society and electronic commerce, NH HOTEL GROUP, S.A. (hereinafter referred to as “NH”) hereby informs through this Cookies Policy about the use of data storage and retrieval devices in Users’ terminal equipment.
1.- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to and stored in the user’s terminal (computer/smartphone/tablet) whenever the user enters certain web pages. They enable the Website to remember browsing preferences and improve navigation by making the interaction between the user and the Website faster and simpler.
The information collected by cookies is anonymous and does not contain any sensible information (such as name, address or banking details), as cookies do not collect data which may identify the user.
Cookies also allow identifying the browser and device through which the User is accessing the Web Site. Cookies are used in order to facilitate the next visit to the Web Site and make it more useful.
For example, NH uses the cookies to ensure that the Web Site works properly and to know your browsing experience, among others.
3.- TYPES OF COOKIES USED
The types of cookies used by the Web Site are as follows:
- Own cookies: These cookies allow the Web Site to work properly so they are essential for the provision of services to Users and for allowing them to navigate the same normally.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the terminal equipment of the User from a computer or domain that is not managed by NH but by another entity that treats the data obtained through the cookies.
NH uses the following third party cookies:
- Analytic Cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information in a standard way about the user’s browsing and behavior patterns. They allow monitoring and analyzing the behavior of Users on the Web Site. The information collected through the analytical cookies is used for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the Users of said Web Site, in order to introduce improvements in our service.
The main objectives that are pursued with this type of cookies are:
- Allow the anonymous identification of the navigating Users and therefore the approximate accounting of the number of visitors.
- Identify anonymously the most visited content and therefore more attractive to Users.
- Know if the user that is accessing is new or repeat visits.
You can find more information about the Cookies used on the Website below:
Processed Information: Websites visited, frequency, number and repetition of visits, browsing time, searches made, links accessed, browser used, operator providing the service, location linked to the IP address.
Purpose: Measurement and analysis of user browsing, monitoring and analysis of user behavior, creation of anonymous user browsing profiles, integration of improvements based on the analysis of users’ usage data.
|Doubleclick||Processed Information: User browsing interests, preferences shown, form of interaction with the website, advertisements shown and opened, websites visited.
Purpose: Optimization of advertising spaces available on the website to offer interesting advertisements to users, identification of the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and improvement thereof.
4.- HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
Most browsers make it possible for the user to manage his/her preferences about cookies to provide a more precise control of privacy.
The following links provide instructions to disable the cookies configuration of each browser:
1.Internet Explorer: (http://goo.gl/CPyaoZ)
2.Mozilla Firefox: (http://goo.gl/k63sq)
3.Google Chrome: (http://goo.gl/o5RVC)
5.- COOKIES ON MOBILE DEVICES
The Web Site also used cookies or other storage tools on mobile devices. In this case, as with computers, browsers in mobile devices enable users to configure the privacy options or adjustments to disable or eliminate cookies.
If you wish to modify the privacy options, please follow the instructions specified by the developer of your mobile device browser.
Find below some examples of links which may guide you if you wish to modify the privacy options on your mobile device:
Windows Phone: (http://goo.gl/pdNP3q)
Chrome Mobile: (http://goo.gl/VulX8S)
Opera Mobile: (http://goo.gl/Nzr8s7)
6.- ACCEPTANCE OF COOKIES
We hereby inform you that if you block or reject the installation of cookies, certain services may not be available to you and therefore you may not be able to gain access to certain services or make full use of this Web Site.